Did your know that...
- the name jigsaw puzzle has its origins in the fact that initially puzzles were created by painting a picture on a rectangular piece of wood and cutting it into small pieces with a jigsaw?
- the first jigsaw puzzle was built around 1760 by a London mapmaker and it was actually a 'dissected' map designed as an aid in teaching British children geography?
- Starting from the mid 20th century, jigsaw puzzles were cut using large hydraulic presses which now would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars?
- More recent technology uses laser and water-jet cutting machines to make jigsaw puzzles?
- Psychologists have proved that jigsaw puzzles are a great way to reduce stress?
- The most popular computer puzzle game is TETRIS, originally designed in June 1985 by a Russian scientist?
Choose a puzzle and click on the image to open it.
NERDYNET HOME | BUBBLE TROUBLE | CHICKEN AND EGGS | FLASH TILES | FLASH SOLITAIRE